Friday, August 24, 2007

Webkinz Couture Revisited


I know I've posted this outfit before, but now I have a pattern to go along with it. On Wednesday night, we were not only joined by the adorable Loopettes, but some of their furry webkinz as well. Shauna seemed very interested about giving her webkinz some style, so Ingrid requested the pattern for the Webkinz couture. It's the first time I've ever written a pattern, so I hope it makes sense. Here goes!

Webkinz scarf and booties

For the booties, make 4 Bitty Baby booties, pattern courtesy of Dawn K.

For the scarf

Using size 7 double-pointed needles, cast on 8 stitches. Knit in garter stitch until 10 ½ inches in length. Slip 4 stitches onto another needle and address later. Knit the 4 stitches on the remaining needle for 12 rows, continuing in garter stitch. Cut yarn, leaving an 8-inch tail, but leave stitches on the needle. Go back to the other needle and join in yarn. Knit 12 rows in garter stitch, making sure that you end with the yarn on the outside edge. (If you don’t, rip out or add a row. Just make sure it is even with the stitches you have knit on the other needle.) Slip stitches from one needle to the other, so that all 8 stitches are on one needle. Knit back and forth for 10 more rows (garter stitch) and bind off. If a flower is desired, knit in contrasting color, following the instructions below. Center on the end opposite from the slit you have created and sew on with needle and thread. Wrap the scarf around webkinz and pull flower end through the slit. You now have a stylin' pet!

For the flower (adapted from "Flower in Bloom" pattern on For the Love of Yarn website)

Cast on 31 stitches.

Knit 1, bind off 4

Knit 1, bind off 4

Knit 1, bind off 4

Knit 1, bind off 4

Knit 1, bind off 4

Knit 1

Cut 8-inch tail. Thread through yarn needle and thread through stitches remaining on needle. Draw together and shape flower. Sew decorative button with needle and thread in the center for flower middle, if desired.

Happy Knitting!
Kathleen :-)



5 comments:

ingrid said...

Kathleen, you're wonderful!!!! Thank you so much for posting the pattern - Shauna will be thrilled! I may be calling you from N.H. if I get stuck!

I can't get over how darned cute that is on the webkinz!

Loopy Ewes said...

Ingrid - Have fun with this! I adjusted the number of rows from 16 to 12 because I felt like the slit was a little big on the original one I made. Besides the opening gets stretchy from dressing up and dressing down the webkinz. With that in mind, just gage it and see how it goes. It's pretty simple and I use DP needles to make it less complicated. Good luck!

Loopy Ewes said...

You are quite the designer Kathleen!!! I am very impressed! Don't give up with those socks...ps. i forgot to take your socks home with me Ingrid!!!
Dawnelle

Loopy Ewes said...

Kathleen, I am impressed with the couture. Are Webkinz stuffed toys?? I thought they were little dolls or something. I am definitely behind the times. Bring one along sometime, if Livia is amenable to that... judi

Dawn said...

Well, if that isn't the best! The webkins can share outfits :) Who would have thought that is such a short time you would have become a designer!!!!

take care,
Dawn