Monday, August 20, 2007

Birthday Square Scarf

That's what I decided to call it when I gave it to my mom this past weekend. "Here's your Entrelac scarf" just doesn't sound very pretty. I hated to part with it, but when all was said and done the scarf was 62" long and looked a tad more even all around from blocking it. (I pinned the sucker to a mattress, gave it a few quick spritzes with a water bottle and that was that.) When my mother opened it, she said she really liked it and that the colors were just right. (Yippee!) Here are a couple of photos of the finished scarf.

close-up

In all it's glory

Happy Birthday Mom!


Now what am I going to knit?!?
Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Kathleen

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Kathleen it is just gorgeous!!!!!! I love it! It looks wonderful on your mom! Happy Birthday to your mom by the way!!! I really like that scarf! I am going to make one myself soon. You are just a knitting machine!

take care,
Dawn

Loopy Ewes said...

WOW!!! Just beautiful! Thats one lucky mom!!! Happy Birthday to her!
Dawnelle

ingrid said...

Congrats on finishing it Kathleen -it is beautiful!!!! I love the colors and the size looks perfect.
Happy Birthday Kathleen's mom!

Anonymous said...

Kathleen, that scarf is exquisite. You did a wonderful job.

And, Happy Birthday to your mother.