Monday, November 12, 2007

Cupcake Hat. . .Stat!

Well, Loopy Ewes, I found myself in a time crunch this past weekend with the cupcake hat. I tried it on my niece Friday night and much to my horror, it was too short! I tried blocking it and then tossed and turned all night about my quandry. When I woke up the next morning, I knew I had to reknit it. Scott asked me how long it would take me, I said, "Oh, probably about 2 hours." Well, I'm a much slower knitter than I thought because that hat took me a good part of the day to finish (well, OK, into the midnight hour -- like molasses, I tell you). The next morning, I woke up early and started knitting flowers like there was no tomorrow. I attached all the flowers and wove in all of the ends, finishing 15 minutes before the birthday party began. Phew! The hat and mittens actually turned out like I wanted them to, and they were well-received, so in the end all I wish is that I had had more time. The hat looks just adorable on my niece. Here are a couple of photos, so you can take a look at the finished project.





I took last night off from knitting, but now it's back to mittens! Seems like there's a mitten trend in this loopy group, which is awesome because I think they are so much fun to knit! I love seeing all of the photos of the finished projects too! See you all Wednesday! K

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh, Kathleen you took the whole thing apart!!!! I am so sorry that you had to redo it all, but I'm happy to read that it was worth it in the end!!! It really is very pretty! You did an excellent job (TWICE!)

I love seeing all these projects!

take care,
Dawn

ingrid said...

Way too cute!!!! You did such a great job! I bet she looks adorable in her new hat :)
TFS! I love all the pictures too

Loopy Ewes said...

Wow!!! Kathleen..that looks better than on the pattern website!
Awesome job..i hope she knows what a lucky baby she is!
Dawnelle

Loopy Ewes said...

Kathleen, the hat and mittens are so cute! I'd love to have this pattern. See you tomorrow. Judi