Saturday, October 13, 2007

Photo Montage




Hi Ladies,

What can I say. I had the most fun last night and this morning. I uploaded the pictures to a slide show and then added this same slide show to our sidebar. Judi if you have some pictures you want to add you can email them to me.

Kathleen your mother's home is simply gorgeous!!!! I am sure I speak for all of us when I say THANK EWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The scarves that Kathleen, Dawnelle, and Judi were making really are cool looking. I think you all pooled a great supply of yarn.

Pam I love the mitten! I want to make one to not felt for a school project :) Oh and that blueberry bread pudding was so good. Please do share the recipe!

Cathy, YAY! You finished your booga bag. I will certainly be speedy felting it for you. I think we need to call you the purling princess now :) Judi will love the dish cloth you are making. Thanks for your snack. The chips and salsa were my favorite!

Judi (or Udi!) you certainly got all of your felting done last night! The booga bag is so pretty. I love the colors!! As I mentioned above the scarf you began is so pretty!! Thanks for the chicken and rice. Both were very tasty! I also can't tell you how much I enjoyed that coffee this morning. I could use a cup right now :)

Dawnelle. Thank you so much for that mitten help. I hope the second one comes out easier for me. That W&T really threw me off last night. Your scarf is so lovely as well. Thanks also for sharing the Captain with me :) :) :) :) The sundaes from last night were so delicious! I also enjoyed the fruit this morning.

Kathleen, I just love those socks you finished. The colors are beautiful. Your scarf is pretty cool looking too. I think I'm most intrigued by the knitting needles you were using! :) The chili you made was so very good. Thanks! Your frittata looked pretty good. I'm sure others will rave about for me! (sorry I'm not an egg fan).

As for me...well, I'm a bit disappointed in the mitten I am making. The W&T holes aren't making me happy! I did finish the first one tonight. Maybe the second one won't be as frustrating with a little more sleep. Speaking of sleep. I came home and took a three hour nap with Mackenzie!

The field trip was fun. I enjoyed all the displays and am looking forward to making those mittens (same as yours Ingrid) after I wrap up my last few lingering projects.

I hope you ladies enjoy the pictures.

take care,
Dawn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears that you all had a wonderful time.

Those felted fish are awesome.

Loopy Ewes said...

Well, "Dawnmarie", as usual you have surpassed yourself with the latest slide show. What a treat. I love all the pictures. I enjoyed the fire, and the wee hours of knitting and talking.It was so great going to the yarn fest! I can't believe you guys didn't buy yarn. Am I missing something? I love what I bought, and can't wait to start some new projects.
I had a wonderful time on Friday. Thanks Kathleen,for all the back-stage work I know you did, before and after. Dawnelle, thanks for bringing me my leftovers, and I'm sorry that I got distracted and forgot to send some home with you!! I'll make it up to you. Great weekend, my friends. Judi

Loopy Ewes said...

Dawn, thanks for the wonderfully detailed recap of the weekend's fun events! Thanks for a successful sleepover, Loopy Ewes! I really appreciate all of the food, libations, yarn, and good cheer everyone brought to the festivities! Thanks for helping with the kitchen and laundry too! I had a blast and was so psyched that the fun made the night fly by and kept us knitting and happy until 2am. Is that the stuff of a diehard knitting group or what? We'll have to plan another one sometime soon! Next time, maybe we can watch more Knitty Gritty episodes! Those who brought the awesome recipes, please share! Kathleen :-)

Loopy Ewes said...

Great recap Dawn K!!! And of course a great sleepover!!! Should it be weekly ;)? dawn...i am so honored that you would ask me for help, even if it is on mittens! i like yours alot better than my red ones...i am thinking of frogging! Kathleen...what a hostess..right down to chocolates on the pillows...should I eat mine or put it on the memory board?? Can't wait to keep Fibonacci going! I will bring more scrap yarn on Wednesday...

Dawnelle

Dawn said...

Kathleen, yes, we will have to do this again soon! I'm all for a knitty gritty marathon!!

Dawnelle, I finished the second mitten last night and frogged the first (down to the thumb). I couldn't stand the holes!

I'll post the recipes I have when I get home :)

take care,
Dawn K