Monday, September 17, 2007

It's just a sock, right?


Well, late last night I finished my very first sock. Note that it's a singular sock, and that I'm only halfway up the mountain with the pair, but I thought I'd post my accomplishment anyway. I think it's so cool that I actually knit this thing, and I have a newfound respect for all those who knit socks and all of those sock gurus (you know who you are, Dawnelle and Dawn). Despite the number of times this sock has needed resuscitation, I'm happy that it looks like . . . a sock. To be honest, I'm already plotting my next pair (for L), but I can't get ahead of myself and let those addi turbos get a speck of dust on them, or this sock may end up being lonely for quite awhile.

Here's proof that Apple and the sock can coexist nicely without any attempts at thievery or tug-of-war on her part.

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

3 comments:

ingrid said...

BEAUTIFUL job Kathleen! I am so impressed. Congrats on the huge accomplishment. You're on your way to being a sock guru too :)

Loopy Ewes said...

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!! You did it!!! What an accomplishment! That must be one happy foot!!!
Dawnelle

Loopy Ewes said...

Oh Kathleen, I worship at your foot!!! Very cool sock, I am totally jealous. So are you going to wear it tomorrow night? Judi