Monday, September 24, 2007

Grounded & Knitting~!



For those who weren't aware, last weekend was the "pullng the boat from the water" weekend...and it eneded up being quite the adventure! We spend the night on the boat at Billingsgate in Wellfleet waiting for a tow off of this sandbar! One might think that this would be a perfect time to knit, but not until we were towed off and on our way to Dennis could I really start to knit the hat I intended to finish weeks ago...It WILL be done by Wednesday! I do have to tell you that this is not our boat, but this photo is a great representation of our situation! Although, when inside the cabin the angle feels a whole lot smaller! We didn't have a camera, but we did have the two 4 legged friends...they seemed to have a blast, although it felt like they were sizing up who to eat first!! I wish I could have documented the whole ordeal on film!!
Dawnelle

1 comment:

Loopy Ewes said...

Dawnelle, what an ordeal! I can't believe the angle that boat is situated in the photo. Did you feel crooked all night long? I'm glad Sam and Banjo didn't have a chance to decide who would be a tastier snack! Plus, you really must have felt "lost" at sea, not being able to knit. You poor thing! Glad that you all are safe and sound. Things always seem trickier when there is water involved, huh? Good luck with your hat! K