Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Fun Wednesday Night!


What a fun night, Loopy Ladies!  We may have not been playing the pipe and banging the drum, but there was a lot of knitting, fun chatter, and snacking going on.  Brownies, cupcakes and dessert, oh my! Nobody complained one bit about the plethora of tasty confections.  They were all so good!! 

Judi, thank you so much for hosting the fun.  The tomatoes you served were delicious with their accompaniments.  We all really enjoyed seeing the photos of your family from your trip.  That baby hat you are making for Henry is going to be so cute!  DL, that bag will be all knitted up in no time!  Don't listen to me! ;-)  Your fruit dessert was delicious!  Have a great time visiting your sister!  Wendy, that monster is so cute!  I'm looking forward to seeing him with a face.  That squatty sidekick you are working on is going to be so nice in that yarn.  The cupcakes you made were really yummy. (The family loved them too!) Judy, I have such yarn envy that it isn't even funny.  That yarn that you are knitting with is gorgeous!  I'm so glad that you joined us last night!  Your naughty bunny story really cracked me up!  

Dawn and Ingrid, we missed you guys!  Happy Birthday to Rich!  Dawn, we hope you all had a fun celebration.  Ingrid, hope you are having fun in NH!

We are all a little up in the air about the date of next week, as a lot of us can't come Wednesday due to the big first day.  We'll see what DL figures out when she gets back. 

Hope everyone has a great long weekend!  Happy Knitting! 
Kathleen  :-)

2 comments:

Loopy Ewes said...

Hey Kathleen, thanks for subbing for DK! Nicely done. Love the little drumming sheep.
It was a good night. I can't do without these get togethers! I am planning some beach sitting (Knitting included) over this long weekend. Hope you all enjoy the last hurrah of summer. Judi

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recap! You must be taking lessons from DK!!!!!! Lots of fun as usual!
Hmmmmm....as far as next week goes, I am open to suggestions! I don't think there is a night that is bad for me!
DL