Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ozark Pudding (from Baked Alaska)

2 Eggs
1 1/2 Cups sugar
2 Tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup coarsely chopped peeled apples
1 cut coarsely chopped walnuts
Unsweetened whipped cream for serving

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 10 inch round or 9 inch square baking pan.
Beat the eggs well with a whisk. Add the sugar and vanilla and continue beating until light and creamy. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt and stir into the egg mixture. Fold in the apples and nuts.
Spread the batter into the baking pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top looks brown and crusty. Serve the pudding warm, with unsweetened whipped cream.

Makes 8-10 servings (you think?)

2 comments:

Loopy Ewes said...

Yum! Thanks for posting this recipe, DL! :-)

Judi said...

Hey Dawn, I may try this GF!! I tried to tell the story from last night that made all of us laugh so hard, and I can't remember your funny comment!! i am so forgetful! I hate aging. Oh well, you can remind me next week. I'll bring a bottle of wine next week! Judi