Monday, September 29, 2008

Hey!

All right, Loopy Ewes! Enough dilly dallying! I've decided to bring up the proposed coffee cup swap from awhile back, so we can get this party started.

Here are the parameters that I would like to suggest (as always, they are open for discussion):

First, I think those who would like to participate should put their names and their beverage preference (coffee, tea, cocoa) on a small piece of paper to be put in a bag for a random drawing. Those who are feeling particularly finicky may put on their paper something like "Zelda, Dunkin' Donuts coffee". We'll draw names and start the swap! I'm proposing a start date of October 5 with an end date of November 5. Here's what the swap should include:

  • 1 knitted coffee cup cozy (DK listed a bunch of patterns awhile back. You can find them here.)
  • 1 coffee cup
  • coffee or tea or a gift card (if you know your recipient likes Starbucks and have no clue because you never go there, go for the gift card) I'm thinking this part of the swap should be between $5 and $10.
  • anything else you'd like to include to make your recipient smile (suggestions for this later)
  • if anyone has other ideas about what to include in the swap, feel free to post a comment or bring it up this week

OK, Loopy Ewes. Are you in . . . or aut?


Let me know if you are interested by leaving a comment. If I get a lot of feedback, maybe we'll just pick names on Wednesday. If you can't come Wednesday and would prefer to pick your own name, we can try to work that out. This is all open for discussion, so if you don't like a particular aspect that I mentioned, but want to participate, don't worry. We can talk about it!

Here's to a fun swap! :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for getting us motivated and on track! :)
I think it's a great idea - dates, details all sound good to me.
I'm in!

Dawn said...

Sounds good to me. I'll play!

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm in. I've never done a swap before. It sounds like fun.
Wendy

Loopy Ewes said...

Ha! I know you were talking about me when you mentioned "finicky"!!! But I'll take the challenge! I hope one of those cozies is simple, like me. Judi