Wednesday, January 23, 2008

HAPPY SOCKIVERSERY!!!!


I know it's offically two days away but a Happy Sockiversery to you lovely ladies. It is our one year anniversary of meeting at the sock class. (Kathleen I know you were there in spirit because you were just starting to knit too!) Ewe guys are the best!!!

Thanks ladies for coming over here to knit. It makes it so much easier when you are doing snack not to have to pack it all up. If everyone is agreeable to it I would like to do it here on my week. Let me know if that's ok!

Ingrid, Ingrid, Ingrid....what can I say you are not a sock virgin anymore!!!! You did a great job on that sock. Then, to top it off you pulled out a sweater!!!!! I am in awe! I love that sweater and want to make one THIS WEEK LOL!!

I am looking forward to shopping with you tomorrow. I will have to line up some projects :)

Judi, I am proud of you for plugging away at that sock. It doesn't go quickly on those little needles. Thank you so much for taking the train house home to fix. You are a doll and it is greatly appreciated!!!! Make sure you get yourself to Ravelry. When you are there, look me up in the friends tab. My name is DawnK there. Yes, very original I know.

Kathleen, that yarn you showed me is scrumptious. I can almost close my eyes and see that blue yarn made into pillows on my couch!!!! Did your mom or sister get that for you? You have some fun projects ahead of you.

Dawnelle, I think the colors on the Clapotis are just beautiful!!! I want to watch you drop all those stitches :) :) . Your sock colors are so pretty and springy!! They will look lovely on your feet. Any time you need a photo shoot of them just let me know :)

Just an aside, Rich pitched in and helped with the dishes :) What a guy!

I am going to try to get my bunny stuffed and stitched tomorrow. I'll try to get a picture to post when I do. I caked my blue yarn so I'll be making one for Jack next.

Again, thanks for another fun night.

take care,
Dawn K

4 comments:

Loopy Ewes said...

Dawn, thanks for your usual wrap-up of our evening. The food was de-lish, and the company was, too!! I will finish your little train house asap. Nice of Rich to help out with the dishes, he is a very nice guy.
Thanks for the encouragement. I am going directly to Ravelry now, and I might see you this afternoon at the yarn shop. Love, Judi

Loopy Ewes said...

Thanks dawn...for everything. And for having veggies for me!!! You are always so accomodating! It was such a nice and relaxing evening!!! I always look forwar to wed. nights!
Dawnelle

ingrid said...

Thanks for a wonderful evening Dawn! Not only I am no longer a sock virgin - I'm no longer a Dawn King's house visitor virgin :)
Thanks too for the yummy food - it was great as always.
Looking forward to checking out the LYS with you this afternoon.

Loopy Ewes said...

Thank you, Dawn, for a fun evening! The food was awesome - can you post the recipe for the yummy apple dessert and maybe the baked apple too (for when I want to be good!) ? Your lavender bunny is so cute! I can't wait to see it stuffed!

Ingrid, I'm so proud of your first sock! Judi, I'm proud of your progress, so keep going! The first sock plays mind games with you that go away when you conquer it and kitchener the toe! Seriously!

Dawn, what was your idea about a KAL anyway?

My sister gave me the sock yarn. Is she an awesome sister or what? They have that araucania in WW, so you totally could make pillows, DK!

Have fun at the yarn store! K