Friday, January 11, 2008

A Better Way to SSK?

Hello Loopy Ewes!  This evening I was trying to remember left slanting decreases vs. right slanting decreases, and I came upon this "improved version" of the SSK that helps it lay a little flatter.  Basically, you slip the first stitch as if to knit, slip the second stitch as if to purl, and then knit them through the back loop as you normally would.  You can check it out here, if you'd like! I always find little tidbits like this helpful, so I hope you do too.

Have a nice weekend!
K

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Very interesting to see all of those comparisons! When we took the "infamous" sock class we were told to ssk the way you described. I like seeing why you would choose each method and how they each look.
Nice find Kathleen. :)

take care,
Dawn K (who can't sleep!)

ingrid said...

thanks for posting that Kathleen!