Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Fruit, Vegetable or Don't Be So Silly?!?

I'm sure I've mentioned before that I'm planning to knit a hat for my friend's baby boy. A month has gone by already since he was born, so I should really get going on this. (These are my procrastination skills revealing themselves at their best!) Thank goodness it's warm now, so he won't need it right away anyway! I was hoping to get the opinion of some of you Loopy Ewes on a couple of patterns I have been eyeing. One is for an Apple Hat and another pattern is for a Veggie Hat - pumpkin, eggplant or tomato. Do you think these are too silly to knit for a little baby or cute? I'm on the fence about whether to go with one of these or a simple hat like Ingrid made for her granddaughter (although who knows if I could get the stripes to line up. LOL!). What do you think?
The Indecisive Loopy Ewe, Kathleen

7 comments:

Loopy Ewes said...

Hi Kathleen, I love all of the cute hats, but I think I would do the apple. They are so sweet. I want to start a hat sometime, too. I am almost done with my blue I-cord, then I will make the orange, and felt them this weekend! Yikes. See you tomorrow night. Judi

Dawn said...

Kathleen, I like the apple hat the best. I do think the striped hat Ingrid made would be VERY CUTE :)


take care,
Dawn

Loopy Ewes said...

You HAVE to do the Apple hat!!!!! The name is so appropriate (maybe demon beagle needs one) and it is adorable...maybe I need one!! I think Dawn K. should make a pattern for an eggplant hat!!!
Dawnelle

ingrid said...

Another apple vote here! It's very, very cute!!!

Suse said...

I'm sorry you think the vegie hats are kind of silly. I think they're quite sweet on a baby.

Good luck with whatever you knit.

Loopy Ewes said...

Suse - I actually think the veggie hat would be really sweet on a baby. Since I've never had a little boy, I thought I would get feedback from my friends. (My first poll of my BIL put the silly factor in my brain.) I think the veggie hat pattern is precious - you did a great job! I think I'm going to make the pumpkin version for my niece this fall. Thanks so much for posting the pattern! Kathleen

Dawn said...

I agree Kathleen, the veggie hats are cute. I think of them more as a fall kind of hat (maybe because it's harvest season LOL).

Suse I also hope you don't think we don't like your hats. They are adorable.

Kathleen your right...father's can think just about everything is silly! LOL!

take care,
Dawn