Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh, Kathleen, What a Pain Ewe Are!


Hello Loopy Ewes!  

I admittedly missed last week's Loopy Ewe fun that involved a discussion of our annual holiday potluck where the initial decision was to have a Yankee Swap with handmade gifts.  While I am a big fan of the idea of handmade gifts, I'm not a fan of the swap of yankees.  I've spoken to a couple of other ewes who also have some concerns about the Yankee Swap in this instance, so I thought I'd propose some alternative scenarios for the swap.  With all of these, I'm keeping the $15 limit and handmade requirement in play.

Option 1:  Everyone brings a gift as planned, and then everyone is given a number from 1-7 or so when they walk in the door.  When it's time to exchange gifts, we all pick a number from 1-7 out of a hat and that's who you give your gift to.

Option 2:  Regular Secret Santa.  Everyone puts her name in a bag.  We all draw a name and plan a gift for that person.

Option 3:  I'll put the Yankee Swap in there as an option, since a lot of people already agreed upon it.  (What I'm not wild about here is opening a cool gift and having someone take it from me!)

Please chime in and let us know what you think.  Post an anonymous comment with your vote.  I expect to see 7 answers, Loopy Ewes!

Another post will be posted as we get closer about what everyone wants to bring for the potluck part.  I won't see ewe all tomorrow, as we are in the throes of the Nutcracker this week in my neck of the woods.  Hope you all have a blast tomorrow!  K :-)

7 comments:

Dawn said...

I was going to offer Option 1 as a suggestion myself!

take care,
Dawn

Loopy Ewes said...

Great minds think alike, DK! :-) K

Unknown said...

I'd like to join in the great minds department.
Option 1 sounds great

Anonymous said...

Option 1 sounds good to me!
DL

Anonymous said...

I like option 1 too.
Wendy

Loopy Ewes said...

Ha ha! I guess no one is disputing that I'm a pain. ;-)

Loopy Ewes said...

Option 1 it is! Judi