Thursday, December 11, 2008

I love a rainy night!


In this crazy holiday season, it was so nice to take a time out and sit and knit with the Loopy Ewes! Thank you for hosting at your very beautifully decorated Christmas-y home, Dawn! You are really on a roll with those Christmas gifts...most of which I won't talk about! But Brittany is a lucky, lucky daughter! Wendy... you had some very cool show-and-tell knits!!! You definitely need a photo of the newest hat to put on this blog! Judi...I am so proud of how you keep trucking on the sock! AND...I can't wait to see your baby Llama hat!

So...the news you have all been waiting for! We have worked out a Holiday exchange that I hope is acceptable to those who were not there last night! We will schedule a potluck for January 7th and everyone can post what they would like to bring! We thought a nice way to exchange gifts would be a Yankee Swap! The rules of the swap would be a price limit of $15.00 and the item has to be HAND CRAFTED! Hand Crafted means it must be made by you or purchased by you, but hand made by someone else!!! So, Happy Holidays Loopy Ewes!

3 comments:

Loopy Ewes said...

Sounds like you Loopy Ewes had fun last night. Sorry I missed it! Nice to hear that plans for the holiday swap are in the works. I like the handcrafted idea, but I'm not a huge fan of Yankee Swaps. Maybe we could come up with an alternative idea and everyone could vote? K :-)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I missed it too and thanks Dawn for hosting :)

I agree with Kathleen - I like the hadcrafted idea, but I'm not a huge fan of Yankee swaps either. (sorry to put a damper on things...)

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

oops... spellcheck... handcrafted NOT hadcrafted