Monday, June 11, 2007

Notes on a Different Apple

Instead of talking about the naughty dog, I thought I'd post a picture of a different apple - the Apple Hat. You know, I have really felt lately like I've been in a knitting rut with this shawl, treating it like a long lost chore to get to. (Yes, I hang my head shamefully because it's a gift for someone.) I took a break from it this weekend and finally started working on the baby hat. I finished it last night at about 1 am, and I discovered that I haven't lost my enjoyment of knitting. Making decreases at the top, adding the stem, making the leaves were all so much fun, so I did not notice that time was flying. Now maybe getting back to the shawl won't seem as tedious a task now that I have had a breather.



As for the other Apple . . . Let's just say that it's a good thing that knitting is therapeutic and relieves stress! :-)

Kathleen

5 comments:

Loopy Ewes said...

WOW!!!!!
I am so impressed. Kathleen, you really have a knack for this knitting thing! The hat is just to cute to give away!!! The recipient will be extrememly impressed! If you haven't given it away yet, wil you bring it Wednesday night?
Dawnelle

Dawn said...

Oh my gosh, that hat is simply adorable!!!!!! I LOVE IT! I hope you bring it on Wednesday. You are a pro at knitting :)

take care,
Dawn

ingrid said...

Kathleen the hat is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!What a fantastic job you did! I agree with Dawn, please bring it on Wednesday if you still have it.

ingrid said...

p.s..... is that sophie under there??? :)

Loopy Ewes said...

I'm baaaccckkk! Just wanted to say WOW, the baby hat is wonderful. I can't wait to see it. I can totally agree about getting into a rut with a knitting project. I started something new for traveling. See you guys tomorrow night! Judi