Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wednesday Night Recap


Let's see . . . last night was fun and certainly chatty.  Some of the highlights:

  • 2 Loopies were working on sweaters, 4 Loopies were knitting socks and 1 Loopy was knitting lace.
  • Dawn taught some of us a new word, and as a teacher duly taught all of us the proper definition.  :-)
  • Bella still loves her obscene dog toy.
  • DL can kitchener without looking at directions or absolute quiet.  (Wow!)
  • We established in word and now in print that if you can't make the Loopy Ewes meeting of the week, please call or email your gracious host as soon as you know.  (Loopy Ewe Etiquette!)
  • Our next Loopy Swap is looming in the future.  This brings me to the next segment of this post.

Loopy Ewe Springy Swap!  Since we were unable to nail down an idea that everyone was on board with, I'd like to now extend the opportunity for sharing swap ideas to the blog floor.  I've decided to post an area for this separately, in case some of you are just bursting with comments about the events from last night.  We wouldn't want to confuse things, right? ;-)

Yummy snacks all around.  I'm glad everyone liked the quinoa salad.  Here's the recipe.  It's sort of a throw together thing, so this is essentially what I did.

Quinoa Salad

1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
4 scallions, white and light green parts finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1 avocado half, diced
1/2 orange pepper, diced
1 cup of fresh tomatoes, diced (I used Trader Joe's Baby Romas)
2 Tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped

Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.  Add quinoa, cover pan, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until all the water is absorbed.  Let cool.   Add vegetables and herbs and top with dressing, tossing to combine.

The Dressing

2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar (or any vinegar)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon honey
salt and pepper

Note:  I actually made a double batch of the dressing for this batch of quinoa salad because I thought it flavored all of the ingredients more evenly.  If you have any questions about this recipe, just let me know.

Thanks for hosting, Ingrid!  It's always fun at your house.  :-) 
Happy Knitting, Loopy Ewes!  Swap post coming soon!
K :-)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great recap Kathleen! Thanks for posting :)
As always, it was fun ladies. Looking forward to an apple cozy swap.... oops, I mean a springtime swap ;)
Happy Mother's Day a few days early.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Dawn said...

I agree, great recap!!!! I can't wait for the wine cozy swap!!! What are we looking at for a date? DL

Loopy Ewes said...

Thanks, Kathleen,and Ingrid (hostess with the mostess)! I think I should get the award for the slowest sweater. Don't try to beat me out, Dawn K!! See you next week. Judi

Dawn said...

I'm always happy to help increase a person's vocabulary. ☺

It was fun as always!

take care,
Dawn