Friday, May 8, 2009

Springy Swap Ideas Post

Hello Loopy Ewes!  Here is the post for all of your brilliant swap ideas!   Feel free to post in the comments or post right in this post!  All of the ideas posted in the comments, I will list here so that we can look at them altogether.  Get those creative juices flowing!

I looked up the project that I was attempting to describe the other night (in a very poor fashion, might I add!) and it is called the Knitting Doo-dads Cushion.  Here's a link to the Ravelry page, and here's a link to the pattern's web page.  A contender, maybe?  I guess we'll have to see what all of you Loopies think!

Now, on with the brainstorming!  :-)

Kathleen's recent idea:  Tawashi . . . some examples I found on Ravelry:
If you have ideas out there, please post them!  

P.S.  In the interest of keeping things simple and fun, try to focus your brainstorming on one item that we all knit.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

well, I for one, really like the apple cozy ;) I've looked at a bunch of patterns through Ravelry, but haven't been able to find anything else yet.

Any other brainstorming going on? :)

Kathleen said...

Thanks for posting, Ingrid. :-) I'm so happy that you responded. This post has been really, really quiet. Hmmmm. . . .

I haven't seen any reaction to the knitted doodad holder. What do you all think?

In other news, I stumbled upon knitted tawashi, which is kind of in the dishcloth/tribble family. They have some whimsical designs that I think would be fun to knit. Dishrelated items seem to be popular with this crew, so it's something to think about.

It would be helpful, Loopies, if you could post your ideas here, so we could all look them over prior to discussing them.

Unknown said...

A long time ago on Ravelry I joined the Tawashi group and they had some really cute things going on. I just looked again and I really like the "Wishy Washy Fishy Tawashi" (what a name LOL!)
Anyway, I think that would be a fun swap... though NOT as fun as the apple cozy ;) kidding!!!

When I first looked at the doodad holder I only looked at it through the pattern link. And to be honest, I didn't like it. HOWEVER, I just now used the link to Ravelry and looked at how other people did it and I really, really LIKE it! Thumbs up for that one!

So here's my input. I'd like to do any of these three (and I like them all the same)

Wishy Washy Fishy Tawashi
Doodad Holder (though I don't like the name ;)
Apple Cozy

Unknown said...

Kathleen, I just looked at the Tawashi Knot and I like that alot too!

Wendy said...

I like the wishy washy fishy tawashi.

Dawn said...

I LOVE the wishy washy....
I say lets go with that!!!
DL

Anonymous said...

tramadol online buy tramadol online overnight fedex - order tramadol online with mastercard

Anonymous said...

buy phentermine can i buy phentermine at gnc - phentermine 25