Thursday, February 19, 2009

Swap-a-licious!


Hey, Loopy Ewes! We missed a lot of you last night, but we still managed to have fun! We munched on yummy spinach dip, the salsa dip extraordinaire, and fresh fruit with an impromptu pudding/yogurt dip that was quite tasty. It was fun to get together and see everyone's knitted wares and talk about all of those naughty songs on the radio, as well as dogs, dogs, dogs! Dawn, your bunny blanket was coming along so fast. You are a such a super, speedy knitter. Dawnelle, your sock is looking awesome. Go figure how a different stitch pattern can mix things up. Judi, that hat you finished up is gorgeous! What a lucky person the recipient will be!

All right, Loopies, since we've been small in number at our meetings over the last couple of weeks, I decided not to delay matters any longer. With the aid of my trusty young helper, who pulled names out of a one-of-a-kind Greatest-Show-On-Earth hat, we now have swap partners.  And the results are. . .

Silly! I'm not going to publish all of that! I was going to, but then I decided that surprises are more fun! If you don't think so, well then, blab away, my dears.  (This is not a reciprocal swap, by the way, so if you have Betty, it's not a sure thing that Betty has you!) 

I will tell you who is participating, so here goes: Ingrid, DL, Dawn K, Kari, Wendy and me.

Due date: April 1, 2009

Yes, this is technically an April Fools Swap, but it is not a gag swap! You have to make a nice respectable dishcloth for your recipient.  I will send each of you an email or rav message tomorrow (as I am editing this post for the last time at a night owl hour) to let you know who you are knitting for.

Here's to a fun swap!  Any questions, you know where to find me! 
K :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to take the bull by the horns Kathleen...but why do YOU get to know who has you!!!!!
Just giving you a hard time...
Thanks for getting this going...it will be fun!
DL

Dawn said...

All I can say is that I am GREEN with envy that you know who has me LOL!

take care,
Dawn "the whiny" ☺

Loopy Ewes said...

DL, you're a pain! :-) Why do you think I know? Clearly I don't pay L enough to run this thing on her own. Would you like me to opt out, my dear, and just organize a secret swap for all of you Loopies? Maybe next time. The deed is done! :-P

DK, you crack me up! :-) I know you love the suspense!

Loopy Ewes said...

Oh, now you are all making me GREEN with envy...I'm feeling like a castaway!! No, seriously, I am way too busy, but have fun, can't wait to see all the wonderful dishcloths. Wed. was great, thanks DK, for making us cozy. See you all at my house on Wed. Jude