Saturday, April 28, 2007

Oh, What Tangled Webs We Weave. . .

Tonight I began a knitting project using Homespun yarn and decided to wind the yarn into a ball, even though technically I think you can start knitting straight from the skein. Thank goodness I did! I'm not sure if I pulled the wrong end or what, but I ended up with a huge, twisted mess that I have spent most of this evening trying to sort out. If I had started knitting, I'd be crying right now! Dawn, I don't even think your winding contraption could get me out of this one! I have a little more untangling to go, but I'm giving up for the night.

I decided to make a Prayer Shawl for my MIL
for Mother's Day. It has some nice cards that you can print out and give with it. I actually came across the cards first, which gave me the whole idea.

Now onto a good night's sleep so I can tackle the tangles tomorrow. (Say that 5x fast.)
Kathleen

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh Kathleen I have been there! I started a pair of socks using a pull out skein and it took forever to untangle it. I was almost ready to through it away and buy a new skein.

The shawl looks very pretty. What a nice gift!

take care,
Dawn

Loopy Ewes said...

Hey there, everyone. I wrote a blog yesterday, but it looks like it didn't get through. I hope this works. I love this, and thank you DawnK, for all your hard work.
Who adopted the new puppy? I didn't see a signature.
It's Sunday a.m., and I am excited about the "bunny" parade this afternoon. More later...Judi

ingrid said...

I'm sorry that happened - that really stinks!

I had that happen once too - though not nearly as bad - with my "wonderful tiger yarn" from our socks class...
It was very frustrating.
Good luck getting it all untangled :)

ingrid said...

oops... I forgot to tell you Kathleen that the prayer shawl is really nice. What a great gift :)